Wednesday, May 5, 2010

In Nassau

Passion is a mess – they had a rough crossing and maybe hadn’t had time to stow things away before I arrived?  John indicated he would need the day for some minor repairs and other prep.
While he and his mate, Jose worked, I sunbathed on the nice lounge cushion John had set up on the front deck, snoozed a little, after all, I had little sleep the night before.


 Jose went up the 
mast to adjust the wind-vane and take some pictures.  John and Marco hoist him up.  Marco is major-domo to Tiger Simonet, who owns TPA Marina, as well as several boats there, including the 147 ' Maratani X.  He owns Kalik beer.


 
 
 We walked to Mackenzie's at Potter's Cay for lunch - I had  my first conch salad of the trip - it was good, although a bit hotter than I like it.  John's scorched conch was good, too, and Jose had a beautiful fish plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment