Wednesday, May 5, 2010

April 13, after lunch, still Day 1

     After lunch I walked to the local shopping plaza to pick up a cable for the I-pod at Radio Shack, and spent some time looking in all the shops. 
     As I was leaving I met a man who is docked across from us, Ron, from Naples.  He has a 32' Island Packet.  He is also heading to Exumas, but then on to Grenada, alone.  We stopped at the Poop Deck for a beer.   We'll see much more of Ron later on.
     Back on the boat, we soon started drinking seriously - rum IS ok with diet coke if it has lots of lime!
    After a few of them we headed to Fish Fry, did the conch salad and scorched conch again at MY favorite place - still my favorite.  Here is Alex, my favorite conch salad maker.  I don't know the name of his shop, it's the one closest to town.  Then on to Seafood Haven for wonderful cracked lobster - we shared.
     Back home, Marco joined us for drinks and conversation.  I slept well.

No comments:

Post a Comment